Thursday 27 June 2013

Stuart









This short book narrates the story of a young boy; who loves playing with his younger sister, doing stuff with his family, understands its okay for boys to cry and enjoys sampling different cultures and countries. He also shows that what is acceptable in one culture or country, might not necessarily be acceptable in another. Readers are taken through social studies playfully and effortlessly.


 Excerpts from Stuart

"... In my kindergarten you are not expected to know how to read or write or start school until you are seven, but my cousin in England is already learning to write. He is only 4 like me and goes to school. My 4 year old cousin in the US writes too..."

"...Don’t worry Stuart, we are not going to crash, because the Americans drive on the right side of the road..."

 "...She said the last time she was in Chicago, she almost got into trouble because she left me outside the restaurant to sleep in my pram while she went into the restaurant..."

 

















                                      http://www.amazon.com/Stuart-ebook/dp/B00DNI90OS



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the picture of the babies napping outdoors and the one of the baby on the back!

Anonymous said...

These images are cute